Easy Tuna Casserole
If you love tuna you'll love this recipe! It is so inexpensive and easy that it's a no brainer to make this a frequent meal prep option.
I make all sorts of tuna casseroles but this is my most simple recipe that I make because I almost always have the ingredients in my home.
3 (60g) cans of solid white albacore tuna in water
1 (284ml) can of Campbell's low fat cream of mushroom soup (if you don't like mushroom you can also use cream of celery, broccoli or chicken, but try to get low fat or low sodium).
1/2 cup of low sodium canned green peas
1/2 cup of low sodium canned corn
1 cup (measured dry) brown rice- I used the minute rice.
1/3 cup grated part skim parmesan
1 tsp minced garlic
pepper to taste
oregano to taste
basil to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. If you don't already have cooked brown rice, start off by cooking it on your stove top.
While your rice cooks:
3. Scoop out all three cans of tuna into a medium sized bowl and break up the tuna chunks with a fork.
4. Add your corn, pea's and minced garlic.
5. Lastly add your brown rice and mushroom soup.
6. Mix all of your ingredients up really well.
7. Spray a casserole dish with olive oil and spread you mixture into it.
8. Next sprinkle your parmesan and seasonings on top and place dish into the oven.
9. Cook for 13-15 minutes.
Voila, it's done! Cut into 4 equal parts and place them into meal prep containers or serve for dinner!
I love this as a post workout meal.
Calculations per serving